Silver on its own is soft, flexible and malleable. This makes it prone to scratches and deformation. The finest silversmiths and jewelers use 925 Sterling Silver which is an alloy of silver and copper. (92.5% Silver + 7.5% Copper). Copper is added to the metal to increase its strength. The content of Sterling Silver has been regulated since at least the early 1100’s in England and it has a long tradition of use in coinage and jewelry.
We coat our silver jewelry in Rhodium, which is a costly process, but which adds durability, shine and a smooth finish. All of our sterling silver pieces are stamped with “925” as proof of authenticity.
To ensure your jewelry stays attractive for many years to come:
- Protect and clean your jewelry by wiping it gently with a soft polishing cloth or soft material
- Do not use abrasives, soaps or chemical cleaners
- Apply lotions, perfumes or hair products and allow to dry before putting on your jewelry as they can cause silver to corrode and tarnish.
- Avoid wearing your jewelry during activities that will expose it to water, steam or perspiration such as cooking/swimming/exercising/chores etc.
- When not in use, store silver jewelry in a dark and dry location, preferably in a lined jewelry box and not touching other pieces